Sunday, March 28, 2010

Snacks on the Go

Today, we went to church and put the kids down for a nap a little later than normal. They ended up sleeping until about 4:00, which I though was going to put a crimp in my afternoon walk plans.

Our normal afternoon routine is: wake up from nap; play/walk; snack; then, bath followed by dinner. The kids usually want a snack by 5:00, so I didn't think I had time to walk and come back in time for snacks. Then it occurred to me that I could take a snack on the road - sort of like what normal parents do.

I packed up bananas, cheese and milk and hit the neighborhood nature trail.


I stopped on a wide spot, so the kids could look out over the pond.



I know most parents would have left the bibs behind, but I didn't feel like scrubbing cheese and bananas out of the stroller harnesses. I'm taking this whole flexibility thing slowly.


In any event, my afternoon walk time got a little longer today.

1 comment:

  1. psssst. Use dry snacks on the go that you don't have to scrub. Nuts/raisins/cheerios trail mix.

    Then, if there are crumbs, you just leave the stroller out in the yard and the crows will pick all the mess right up for you.

    Works every time.

    ReplyDelete