Thursday, October 15, 2009

Proof That Henry Can Walk

I was pleased to finally witness Henry walking last night. Then I got the video camera and he did it again.



That's legitimate locomotion. This myth is confirmed.

It's cliche to say "they grow up so fast," but it's true. They do. Maybe it seems to be going by more quickly because we have three babies turning into little children all at once. I don't think I would be any less shocked to see it if we only had one. It's just amazing.

Really - what have I accomplished in the last year while these three kids have gone from not being able to roll over to walking? I could have developed the ability to fly and it would be less impressive. And that's just what kids do. I knew it would probably happen, so I don't know why I'm so shocked.

Maybe I just lack foresight. One day it seems that the next big milestone isn't even on the horizon, and then it happens. Then it happens again and again with the other two kids. You would think I would come to expect it, but I am no less amazed the third time - every time.

I'm so proud of my little guy.

2 comments:

  1. OH MY!-----I am beginning to become very afraid for you and Heather.

    Very very afraid!

    I would add a few more "very's" in there but I don't want to scare you too much just now.

    The walking stuff is truly where "it" all begins.

    I don't want to spoil "it" for you. I will wait to read your blog about "it".

    Good Luck. Stay strong. You can handle "it."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate you posting Henry's highlight video. That's a great drive block he puts on his sister there at the end. How'd Henry like to come play offensive line at UT?

    ReplyDelete