Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Post

When I was a kid I spent a lot of time on the beach. I liked to build sandcastles. More often, I think I just made sand animals. But it's the same idea. I made things out of sand. Sometimes the tide would come in and wash away my dolphin or my octopus. If it was time to leave the beach and my sandcastle was still there, I would stomp all over it before I left. I didn't want to have to think about my sandcastle after I left the beach. What if someone put a ninth arm on my octopus? Or build another dolphin next to my dolphin and made them do dirty things to each other? I can't have that. That's part of the beauty of sandcastles, anyway. They're temporary. No one intends for them to last forever.

If this blog was a sandcastle, the tide would have already come in and washed it away. It's been sitting here without update for two months. There's no tide for blogs though. I imagine the blogosphere is full of abandoned sandcastles. I may stomp on it. I haven’t ruled that out. I’m not one to prematurely stomp on a sandcastle, mind you. I'm still on the beach. I'm just doing other things.

2 comments:

  1. You should be doing other things. Understandable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't stop blogging! I love your blog and look forward to your posts!

    Belinda
    Mom to triplets Andi, Bella and Piper

    ReplyDelete